Saturday, October 17, 2009

Early Results from Google Voice

We called several family members using Google Voice in the last couple of days.

Two calls to New England were flawless. Great sound quality for the entire duration of each call. One call to rural northeast Ohio was sub-par in sound quality -- with a slight tinny echo in the background-- but that might have been an effect of the destination hardware.

In addition to putting a "Call me Free" gadget on my blog pages, I also put a little blurb into my email signature that does the same thing. This works by opening a little window that asks for your name and phone number. It then calls you, and then immediately begins ringing my Google Voice phones. How cool!

So on balance, we are very happy with the performance of the system, and delighted with the free cost structure.

No comments: