Friday, October 14, 2011

The Year of Suddenly Getting Older


While I am still trying to rebuild my quadriceps muscle to the point that I can go down stairs normally, I had another recent medical encounter -- the removal of a basal carcinoma from my chin. After several years of wondering about it I finally asked the doc at my annual physical. He promptly shaved it off and had it biopsied. Then sent me to a dermatoligist-surgeon. Not only do they dig out a crater, once they are satisfied that it's deep enough, they enlarge it to an eye-shape so that it can be stitched together properly. Now my right chin zipper matches the one on my right knee. Ugh... At least the chin rehab should be trivial. Stitches come out next week.

Graceful aging is better if you can swing it. This why the updates have been a little light lately.

No comments: